The Power supply to Peren District is transmitted through 33KV. Sub-Transmission line from the existing 100 MVA, 132/66/33 KV Extra High Voltage (EHV) receiving power sub-station Nagarjan, Dimapur via Medziphema. The District is catering load from four different Power Sub-Station (PSS) located at various places namely:
- 0.5 MVA, 33/11KV Power Sub-Station (PSS) Ngwalwa Village.
- 1 MVA 7 1.6 MVA, 33/11KV Power Sub-Station (PSS) Jalukie Town.
- 0.5 MVA & 1.6 MVA, 33/11 KV Power Sub- Station (PSS) Peren Town.
- 0.5 MVA, 33/11 KV Power Sub-Station (PSS) Tening Town.
The PSS located at Ngwalwa Village covers Ngwalwa Village, Ngwalwa Town, Heningkunglwa and its adjoining areas; Jalukie Town PSS covers the whole town and its adjoining areas including the whole Ahthibung section. Peren Town PSS covers Peren Town and its adjoining villages. Tening PSS covers Tening Town and its neighboring villages. Altogether, there are 18 (eighteen) 11 KV feeders sub-transmitting power to the whole district namely Jalukie, Peren and Tening sections. Peren District will soon be connected with 33 KV transmission line emanating from 100 MVA. 132/66/33 KV EHV receiving PSS Nagarjan, Dimapur via Ganeshnagar with a Power Sub- Station capacity of 5 MVA at District Head Quarter Peren. With the addition of 5 MVA, 33/11 KV Sub-Station (PSS) at District Head Quarter Peren, the total installed capacity of Power Transformers would be 10.7 MVA by the financial year 2016-17.
However by 2030 the following requirements need to be added:
- Up-gradation of the existing 0.5 MVA, 33/11 KV Ngwalwa PSS to 1.6 MVA, 33/11 KV at Ngalwa Village.
- Up-gradation of 1 MVA/1.6 MVA, 33/11 KV Jalukie PSS to 5 MVA, 33/11 KV with proper switch gears and protective system in the sun-station or major up-gradation with slight modification of the existing Sub-Station infrastructure with 2*2.5 MVA Power Transformer at Jalukie Town.
- Up-gradation of the existing 0.5 MVA and 1.6 MVA, 33/11 KV Power Sub-Station (PSS) to 5 MVA, 33/11 KV with proper switch gears and protective system in the Sub-Station at Peren Town.
- Up-gradation of the existing 0.5 MVA, 33/11 KV Power Sub-Station at Tening Town to 1.6 MVA, 33/11 KV.