The Sub Divisional Agricultural Office was established in 1976 at Jalukie and SDAO Office in 1989 at Tening. The District Agricultural Office was recently inaugurated on the 8th of March 2011, now the District Agriculture Officer in the rank of Joint Director, will be assisted by a Deputy District Agriculture Officer, one SMS/SDAO (Sub Divisional Agriculture Officer) besides the Existing SDAOs of Jalukie and Tening Sub Division.
One AO/ Jr. SMS will be deployed to all RD Blocks ie, Peren, Jalukie, Athibung, Tening Also one AI will be deployed to each Administrative circle of Peren, Jalukie, Ngwalwa, Tening, Nsong and Athibung respectively as per recent notification of the Government of Nagaland.
Development Programmees During the Current Plan
- NFSM (National Food Security Mission)
- RKVY (Rastriya Krishi Vishva Yajona)
- Nagaland Organics Mission under MOVCD-NER (Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North East)
- NMOOP (National Mission On Oil Seed Production)
- Agriculture Link Roads
- ATMA (Agriculture Technology Management Agency